Show your support for the RCSLT Giving Voice UK campaign
Twitter and Facebook Profiles.
* New for 2012 *
This site is currently
trundling over to a new server - apologies for any broken links along
That url still works, as it redirects now to www.salt-mine.net
Details of new content for 2012 to follow.
See below for info about new content in previous years.
* Giving Voice UK and Hello 2011My contribution to the these campaigns so far has been:
- to set up an SLTags collaborative dictionary, to help support
RCSLT's push to get SLT's involved with Social Media as part of the
Giving Voice UK campaign,
- and to write a "Giving Voice" song on the ukulele.
I hope that the SLTags dictionary, and other information on that page also helps SLTs access free, online CPD activities. This is, of course, especially relevant to SLTs during periods of unemployment.
I could not think of anything to do specifically in support of Hello 2011, except publicising events and activities via Social Media and the slt-north email list, so I have done that. I hope that the support for involvement in Social Media and access to free CPD also helps to support the aims of Hello 2011, the UK Year of Communication.
* Video Selection off-YouTube *
Problems accessing SLT / SLP
videos on YouTube at work?
The owners of these video's have kindly given permission for them to be
uploaded "off-YouTube" for viewing here:
* SLT websites and blogs in the North East and Cumbria bookmarked on Xmarks *
If you know of a site that should be on this list, please let me know at: www.salt-mine.net
- ASLTIP | North-East England Local Group
- Chris Plant's Blog - From PhD to …
- County Durham and Darlington Community Health Services | Speech & Language Therapy
- Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust | Speech and Language Therapy
- ESPA | Education and Services for People with Autism
- Graham Williamson
- Julie Giving Voice
- NESTA online
- Newcastle Hospitals | Children's Speech and Language Therapy Service
- Newcastle Hospitals | Cleft Lip and Palate
- Newcastle Hospitals | ENT | Speech and Language Therapy
- Newcastle Primary Care Trust | Adult Community speech and language therapy
- Newcastle University | Speech and Language Sciences
- North East Autism Society
- North East Speech and Language Therapy Research Collaboration
- North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust
- North Tyneside Primary Care Trust | Speech and language therapy
- Northumberland Care Trust | Adult Speech and language therapy
- Northumberland Care Trust | Children's Speech and language therapy
- Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Percy Hedley Foundation
- SaLT-Mine | Facebook Page
- South Tees Hospitals | Speech and language therapy
- South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust
- Speech, Symbol and Sign
- STIR | Speech Therapy Information and Resources
- Sunderland | City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust | Speech and Language Therapy Service
- Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
* Scribd Collections *
Scribd is a free "e-library" where you can:
- Store documents
- Add other people's documents to your Collections
- Read on-line
- Freely download some documents as pdf files
My "Collections" on Scribd are rag-bags of "finds", including some gems, that I sift and winnow occasionally, ie. rather than static "recommended reading" lists.
- Make your own judgements
- Feel free to comment on individual items on the Scribd site
- Make and share your own collections
Example Scribd Collection in
Some more SLT
Collections on Scribd
* Other features *
- News Clips - headlines from the SLT-North email list
- Canny SLT Web - updates from SLT sites in Cumbria and the North East
- SLTNorth JOBS - updates from NHS Jobs plus other SLT jobs in the area
- SLTFreeStuff - found on the web and tweeted to you
- More subscription options - to help you to get the news the way you want - Twitter, NetVibes and a FaceBook Public Page were added in 2010. Please ask if none of the current options work for you and you want to have another service added.
- Subscribe directly to all the above by email and/or Newsfeed - Subscriptions Summary Page
- Join over 100 other SLTs on the SLT-North email list to keep in touch, stay up to date and make sure that everyone knows about your courses, SIG news, Giving Voice and Hello 2011 activities and other events in the North East and Cumbria!